Dog Training Near Chicago
Whether you have a brand new puppy or are the pup parent of a slightly older dog, investing in dog training near Chicago is one of the best things that you can do. While four-legged friends are a great addition to a home, they are also a lot of work and, frankly, can get in some trouble if not well-behaved. At Happy Pup Manor, we offer dog training near Chicago and the surrounding areas that gets results. To learn more about our dog training services and how we can help you and your pup, call us today or send us a message online.
Why Invest in Dog Training Near Chicago?
If you’re on the fence about investing in dog training near Chicago, here are some reasons why dog training is a great choice—
- Dog training can improve your relationship with your dog. When you trust that your dog will listen to you and follow commands, you and your pup will have a tighter bond. This level of trust will leave you both feeling more comfortable with one another.
- Mitigate damages. Another reason to invest in dog training is that a well-trained dog is one that will not counter surf, have accidents in the house, chew, jump on guests, run off, etc. This can mean avoiding stress and, sometimes, avoiding monetary damages and other repercussions.
- Learning for life. When you invest in dog training, your pup will learn behaviors that last them a lifetime. This will make living with your dog, bringing your dog in public, traveling with your dog, and leaving your dog at home easier.
Expected Behaviors and Skills Your Dog Will Learn at Training
When your pup stays with our trainers at Happy Pup Manor, we have some basic behaviors and commands that we want them to learn before returning home to you. Examples of expected behaviors, commands, and skills your dog will develop during their stay with us include—
- Obedience commands such as sit, stay, come, place, down, and leave it.
- Manner such as housetraining, leash walking, crate training, puppy biting, barking, jumping, and counter surfing.
Depending on how long your pup stays with us, they may develop even more robust behavioral skills. We offer service dog training, therapy dog training, and emotional support animal training in addition to our basic training programs.
Our Training Programs
For our basic training programs where dogs will learn the commands and manners listed above, we have three different training program lengths:
- 10 days. Our 10-day program is a great starter for your pup, and will lay the basic foundation for good behavior. We recommend this program for pups under three years of age.
- Four weeks. If you want your dog to develop really good manners that will last a lifetime, we recommend our four-week program. This is ideal for dogs that may enter into one of our more robust training programs later on.
- Eight weeks. Our eight-week program is for puppies who will stay with us throughout the majority of their housetraining time. This program results in well-behaved dogs for life.
Learn More About Dog Training Near Chicago Today
To learn more about our programs for dog training near Chicago, please reach out to us directly. We love the pups we work with and our trainers know the best practices to get results. Call or send us a message directly to learn more.