Dog Obedience Training Chicago
Adding a new member to the family is always exciting, especially when that new member comes covered in fur. If you’re a brand new puppy parent, one thing that you’ll want to figure out sooner rather than later is training. At Happy Pup Manor, we offer dog obedience training, Chicago, that gets results. To learn more about our dog obedience training program and to find out whether your four-legged friend is a good fit, reach out to us today. We offer personal consultations to discuss your pup’s needs before you enroll!
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Dog Obedience Training
If you’re investing in dog obedience training, you want to make sure that you’re choosing a program that will get results. You also want to make sure that your pup is well taken care of and receives love and care throughout the program. Our team is here to answer any questions that you have to make sure you feel confident in your decision. Some of the most frequently asked questions that we hear include—
- How long is your program? We don’t offer training programs where pups come in for an hour or two for a few weeks at a time and then are sent home; instead, we offer immersive training programs that are full time. You’ll drop your pup off with us, and we’ll provide training and boarding services throughout the course of the program. Our programs are offered for three different lengths of time depending on your pup’s needs and your personal goals for training:
- 10 days: This is a great length for dog owners who just want their pups to develop basic good behaviors. We recommend this for any pup under three years of age.
- Four weeks: If you really want your pup to develop obedience that will last for years to come, our month-long training program is ideal. We recommend this for young puppies, as well as for families who are investing in service dog or therapy dog training.
- Eight weeks: During our eight-week training program, puppies will stay with us throughout their house training time; we’ll make sure they leave with the foundation for a lifetime of good behavior.
- What types of behaviors will my dog learn? Depending on the length of the program you select, your dog may learn a variety of skills and commands. In basic training, your puppy will learn obedience commands and manners, including sit, down, stay, come, leave it, and place, as well as how to walk on a leash, where to go to the bathroom, not to jump on new guests, and how to control barking.
- What breeds of dogs do you work with? While we love all dogs at Happy Pup Manor, we work exclusively with doodles, retrievers, and smaller-breed dogs.
- What type of experience do your trainers have? Our trainers are passionate about dogs and have the certifications and skills you’d expect from a center like ours. Our lead trainer is a AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy and Canine Good Citizen evaluator, and is registered with the Association of Professional Dog Trainers and the International Association of Canine Professionals.
Call Us Today to Learn More
Don’t make the mistake of not training your puppy—you’ll regret it if you do! Instead, call Happy Pup Manor for dog obedience training, Chicago, that you can trust. Reach us today by phone or send us a message online at your convenience.